Attorney David Green’s Fee Schedule1
|ELDER LAW MATTERS||$150-$225 / HOUR|
|ESTATE PLANNING PACKAGE||$500 FLAT FEE INDIVIDUAL|
|$750 FLAT FEE PER COUPLE|
|MEDICAID PLANNING||$150-$225 / HOUR|
|PROBATE AND ADMINISTRATIONS||$150-$225 / HOUR|
|RESIDENTIAL REAL ESTATE CLOSING||$350-$650 FLAT FEE|
|NEW CONSTRUCTION CLOSING||$1,500 FLAT FEE|
|COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE CLOSING||$135-$180 / HOUR|
|FORMING A CORPORATION||$500 FLAT FEE PLUS COSTS|
|FORMING A LIMITED LIABILITY CO.||$750 FLAT FEE PLUS COSTS|
|EVICTIONS; SUMMARY PROCEEDINGS||$200-$500 FLAT FEE PLUS COSTS|
|VEHICLE AND TRAFFIC MATTERS||$150 FLAT FEE IF BY MAIL|
|VEHICLE AND TRAFFIC MATTERS||$250-$400 PER APPEARANCE|
|CRIMINAL MATTERS||$350-$750 PER APPEARANCE|
|PERSONAL INCOME TAX RETURNS||STARTING AT $125|
|FIDUCIARY INCOME TAX RETURNS||$150-$225 / HOUR|
|PURCHASE AND SALE OF BUSINESS||$135-$180 / HOUR|
|CONTRACT DISPUTES & RESOLUTION||$135-$180 / HOUR|
|ENFORCEMENT OF JUDGMENTS||$135-$180 / HOUR|
|ALL OTHER MATTERS||$135-$180 / HOUR|
|ALL OTHER APPEARANCES||$250-$500 / PER APPEARANCE|
- The following areas are billed at an hourly rate of between $150 and $225 per hour depending on the complexity:
- Medicaid Planning
- Probate and Estate Administration (excluding small estates below $20,000)
- Estate Planning other then the standard estate planning package
- Fiduciary Income Tax and Estate Tax Returns
- The fee for a standard estate planning package is $500 per individual or $750 for a couple and consists of the consultation, as well as, drafting a Will, Health Care Proxy, and Power of Attorney. In the event any extensive estate planning is required it would be billed at between $150 and $225 per hour depending on complexity. Furthermore, in the event a client only requires a Health Care Proxy or Power of Attorney the cost would be $75 per person per document.
- The following areas are billed at an hourly rate of between $135 and $180 per hour depending on complexity:
- Purchase and Sale of Businesses
- Contract Dispute and Resolution
- Collections and Enforcement of Judgments
- Commercial Real Estate Transactions
- All remaining miscellaneous matters not mentioned elsewhere.
- Residential Real Estate Closings are billed at a flat fee of no more then $650, however, are generally much less. Please call to obtain a quote for your closing. New construction is generally a $1,500 flat rate.
- Evictions are billed at between $200 and $500 each, plus expenses, depending on the Court and number of evicitons the client requires processing. The fee includes the drafting and filing of the Notice of Petition and Petition, as well as, preparing the Warrant of Eviction and Judgment. The attorney fees, however, does not include additional appearances. In the event the eviction proceeding is adjourned, at no fault of the attorney, or scheduled for trial at a later date, then an additional $200 per appearance is required. In the event the client only requires the attorney’s appearance (and the client has prepared all the paper work), then the appearance fee is generally $200 per appearance. At the completion of the Court proceeding the attorney will provide the client with the original Warrant of Eviction and Judgment. Thereafter, it is the client’s responsibility to carryout the actual eviction process.Please note the filing fees for an eviction are $20 in Town and Village Courts, and $45 in City Court. Furthermore, service of process on each tenant is generally between $35 and $55 per person. These costs are in addition to the attorney fees. In addition, in the event the tenant does not voluntarily vacate there will be additional costs payable to the Sheriff and/or Marshall in order to physically remove the tenant and store the tenant’s property.
- Vehicle and Traffic matters requiring an appearance are billed at between $250 and $400 per appearance depending on the Court and the location. Any appearances required outside a 15 mile radius from Albany will be billed at a higher rate. In the event the traffic ticket can be handled by mail without an appearance the fee will be between $150 and $200. Please note, all court imposed fines and surcharges are in addition to the attorney fees and are the responsibility of the clients.
- Personal Income Tax Returns start at $125 per return and increase based upon complexity.
- Criminal Matters including DWI’s are billed at between $350 and $750 per appearance depending on the Court and complexity. A minimum two appearance retainer is required for all misdemeanors and a minimum three appearance retainer is required for all felonies. All court imposed fines and surcharges are in addition to the attorney fees and are the responsibility of the client.
- Forming a Corporation costs $500 plus expenses. The attorney is responsible for drafting and filing the Certificate of Incorporation, preparing the bylaws, preparing the organizational minutes, issuing the stock certificates and filing the s-corp election, if applicable. The related expenses are generally $170 to the Department of State for filing and approximately $80 for ordering the corporate kit. On an annual basis the corporation will require annual minutes. The yearly expense for drafting the minutes and addressing all other corporate matters will be billed at between $150 and $180 per hour.
- Forming a Limited Liability Company (LLC) costs between $750 and $1,500 plus expenses depending on the number of members. In the event the LLC requires a detailed operating agreement the cost may be higher. The attorney is responsible for preparing and filing the Articles of Organization, drafting the operating agreement, and handling publishing. The related expenses are generally $225 to the Department of State, $80 for ordering the LLC’s kit and approximately $250 for publishing. Furthermore, there is a further $50 filing fee to the Department of State for filing the Affidavits of Publication.
- Miscellaneous Matters – All other matters, not discussed here that may require an appearance fee, would bebetween $250 and $500 depending on the matter and complexity.
PLEASE NOTE: Attorney Fees are negotiatable under certain circumstances. Please always feel free to call and inquire about your situation.
1 Subject to change and only binding upon entering into a written retainer agreement. Visa, Mastercard, and American Express accepted.